AUDITIONS for Kinnect 2018 will be held November 30th at 3pm in Room 185/187 in the Richards Building.
WHAT IS BYU KINNECT?
We are an outreach dance company from Brigham Young University seeking to develop excellence in our teaching, creating, and performing skills.
We are teachers seeking to provide student-centered, engaging, meaningful, fun and artistic dance experiences.
We are creators and choreographers of educational interactive dance “informances” for public schools, museums, communities and conferences.
We are performers striving to represent the best that contemporary dance at Brigham Young University has to offer.
We are Kinnect… artist-educators who love to connect dance to everything and everyone in the world around us.
“Kinnect is a lesser-known group of students at BYU that quietly exemplifies the university’s core mission of going forth to serve.” –Jacob Draper Documentary Filmmaker
Members of KINNECT are:
- Teachers providing student-centered, engaging, meaningful, fun and artistic dance experiences
- Creators of educational and interactive dance “informances” for public schools, museums, communities and conferences
- Performers representing the best that Contemporary Dance at Brigham Young University has to offer
What to expect when you’re KINNECTING:
Kinnect rehearses and prepares to teach 6-7 hours weekly during winter semester and tours throughout Utah, performing and teaching 5-7 hours daily in schools during the first four weeks of spring term.
This year, KINNECT will have the opportunity to:
- Perform for and teach over 15,000 students in Utah schools and museums
- Participate at dance and the Child international conference in Adelaide Australia July 7-14, 2018
Kinnect members register for:
- Dance 348R Winter M & W 4:00 – 6:00pm.
- Dance 365 Creative Dance for Elementary F 9:00 – 10:50am
- Contemporary Dance Technique (241R, 243R, 340R, 341R, or 440R)
Questions: Contact Marilyn or Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.